[RC5] Re: Screen Saver

Michel Donais m_donais at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 2 17:40:16 EST 1999

[START OT]

Hi. My name is Michel and this is my first mail so here are some personnal
stats. I'm from Montreal (yeah, a french canadian). I'm a computer
programmer for a satellite company and I'm currently writing a game with
friends for both Mac / PC. A RPG if you're interested.

[END OT]

I don't think a really heavy screen saver is required for DNet... There are
a few points that need to be really emphasized though.

Let's face it, we don't get to have a lot of chances to win this contest. To
show that to the user would only demoralize him. Showing him that he made
0.000000001 percent of the full keyspace in a day on his brand new
Coppermine is not something that would make him stick up for the software.

Only hopeful notes should be shown. Progress of the current packet, progress
of the full buffer (with nice colors), prevision of statistics against his
best/worst days... Do things with the log more or less.

I really don't think that requires a lot of processor.

We could show also a calendar with nice colors for when the user was "hot"
and when he wasn't... When his buffer should expire...

Basically, there's a lot of things to show!

Have a nice day
Mike