[RC5] CSC - RC5-64 Comparison and Moo Payback Calculations

Wilson, Bruce bwilson at fers.com
Thu Dec 2 14:11:00 EST 1999

...and if gold sold for $10, and lead for $15, then hey, lead is worth
more than gold!  I proved it!  (Imaginary statistics lead to imaginary
conclusions)

But seriously...

If the "moo" is such a big deal to people... how hard would it be to
write a little c app (on most platforms!) which can:

1)  Read the file date of the -out.rc5 and -out.csc files
2)  Sleep for a configurable number of seconds
3)  Check again
4)  If it's changed, moo
5)  Repeat from 2.

It will certainly be much easier to implement, requires no changes
(size or complexity) to the dnetc app, and has absolutely no impact on
those people who don't want it.

For the record, I'm a Win32 (NT) person who could care less about
whether my machines moo at me.  I'd rather have the keyrate.

__
Bruce Wilson, Manager, FERS
bwilson at fers.com, 312.245.1750, http://www.fers.com
PGP KeyID: 5430B995
http://www.geocities.com/bruce-wilson/

"Give me ambiguity or give me something else."