[RC5] Pluggable client modules...

Ed Wensell III ewensell at pstcc.cc.tn.us
Mon Dec 6 13:40:53 EST 1999

On Sun, 05 Dec 1999 21:05:25 +0000 Duncan Aitken <aitkend at tcd.ie> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering how difficult it would be to implement a client which
> automatically updated itself.
> Maybe it could determine whether or not there is a newer version available
> (from one of the key servers , or another proxy, using a similar method to
> determine when new contests start..?), and if so, switch over to that newer
> version. It would make things a lot easier if , say , you had a few hundred
> clients installed.

Or at the worst, flash the cow when there is a new version available
(like SETI???).

Maybe then we could all drop our Mindit subscription... :)

Until Soon...
Ed Wensell III
http://www2.pstcc.cc.tn.us/~ewensell

"PHB lost part of client-database and now wants to know
which children on the western hemisphere have been good.
Deadline 12/24." - Dilbert Zone, Impossible projects your
boss wants completed this year

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net