[RC5] Pluggable client modules...

Stanley Appel s.appel at bigfoot.com
Wed Dec 8 23:05:38 EST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wilson, Bruce" <bwilson at fers.com>
To: <rc5 at lists.distributed.net>
Sent: maandag 6 december 1999 20:52
Subject: RE: [RC5] Pluggable client modules...

> Nugget and Decibel and I have talked about the possibility of sending
> an e-mail to participants who still have one or more clients on an
> older version (probably only if you were dangerously out of date).  The
> e-mail could list the problem version, the IP address, and whatever
> other identifying information might be useful to you.  This is still in
> the "wouldn't it be nice if..." stage.  Any comments?

The idea is nice. But what if the person has 300+ clients and
doesn't have direct access to it? It would get 300+ mails or just 1 mail
with 300
lines in it (every week) and he can do a thing about it.

And what about old clients there isn't a new version for. (Like the AIX
version)?

Its a lot of work end the gain is minimal. So I say don't do it please.

Stanley

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net