[RC5] Screen Saver

rjcorr rjcorr at ozemail.com.au
Sat Dec 4 22:02:22 EST 1999

Ladies/Gents

This is my first (and probably only posting to this group...though I've been
d-net'ing for over 12-18 months)...but I must admit some dismay when, at the
behest of the server, I updated my d-net system to the latest '98 program
about 1 week ago

I agree with the content below.  I'm more than  happy to to let my computers
run d-net in the background doing what ever the server feels is constructive
to the cause.  The quality of the programming (until this latest version)
was good and not running d-net or similar was basically a waste of cycles
which even if we (my net work) can't directly gain a benefit, at least some
one else can....

The current version is harder to network configure (if its too hard I for
one won't bother...sorry I just haven't the time) and it tends to hang (we
use a lot of Norton stuff on our system) on a regular basis

This latest version...yeesh!.... (sorry to the developers)...I've got 3 x
P!! 233's networked through to a P100 server linked through to the internet.
until this last version I've been able to convince my owner that 'yeah its
worth the effort' but now...I admit bells and whistles detract from pure
productivity...but I've got nothing to argue with and little to prduce to
justify costs etc (yes I know all the arguments about the costs or turning
systems on/off etc) and whilst the argument of helping d-net and similar is
strong...without a little bit of eye candy...its just that littlle bit
harder (which may result in a total loss of contribution)

In the short...can anyone advise how/where to find the previous program
which displayed log/stats etc?

Warmest Regards to all

Bob
rjcorr at ozemail.com.au