[RC5] Pluggable client modules...

Sean Porterfield sean at porterfield.net
Fri Dec 10 07:14:34 EST 1999

It all sounds good...  However, I know someone was concerned about having 300
clients and either getting 300 emails or one email with 300 lines.

But more importantly, how do I know which client is out of date?  I add new
computers regularly and install whatever the latest client is.  That means
I have many different versions running.  They all use the same email address
(except for one, but I don't know which one...) so how can it be identified?

I think blocks should have an extra identifier for an optional machine name.
Something user configurable for those of us using multiple machines.

Of course, if I could update them remotely with Win95/98 this wouldn't be an
issue (or if they could update themselves...)