[RC5] Some stats

Basil A. Daoust basildaoust at home.com
Mon Dec 13 11:31:36 EST 1999

> PS: for those who havn't seen the .plan's about it, we now have MMX
> cores, and they're ~3-4x as fast as non-MMX. See
> http://n0cgi.distributed.net/cgi/dnet-finger.cgi?user=moose for more
> info. (Yes, we're working on both Linux and Win32 ports, hopefully
> they'll be up in a day or two).

I have not noticed a ~3-4 times increase but something more closely
resembling a bit over 2 times as fast.  Now these are all PII's maybe
other CPU's are getting better gains.

I'd be interested to hear how similar
   PII's, PIII's, Celeron, k6-2, k6-3, Athlon's and how about a Xeon do.
Say 450's and 500's.

Question:
   Under linux I am using glibc2.0 clients is there any advantage to
running the glibc2.1 if I have RedHat6.1?   They seem to work fine and
I ran a TEST and it passed.  Comments?

Basil

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net