[RC5] Core FAQ?

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Tue Dec 14 00:30:02 EST 1999

Hmmm... it sounds like the 448 build might be picking the wrong core on the "plain" Pentium MMX... my CSC keyrate doubled on all of my MMX-capable machines! (These are all PIIs, PIIIs, and Xeons).

See if you get a speed increase on the pentium MMX when you manually select CSC core #1, which is the new MMX bitslice core.

If you do, you can just set the core manually until the problem is fixed in a newer client. You'll also want to report the problem at www.distributed.net/bugs if it is not already listed there.