[RC5] Global Stats

blane blane at gmx.net
Tue Dec 14 18:51:22 EST 1999

PM> Also, if teams competed against each other globally,
PM> across projects, rather than within them, they'd be
PM> more apt to switch clients to help out on the
PM> short-term stuff.  The current stats show that the
PM> majority of us aren't cracking CSC keys at the moment.
PM>  I can't help but think that some teams don't want to
PM> do CSC keys because they would loose ground in their
PM> RC5 standings.

Yap. This surely is true. in #distributed people are shouting that csc
is done within next 2 weeks. At least 'new' participants wouldnt
invest effort in that if they have an eye on rc5. Of course, i share
the thought that many 'power-teams' rather proceed with rc5; after all
csc could be much faster in the moment.

--
Best regards,
 blane                            mailto:blane at gmx.net