[RC5] Core FAQ?

Dennis Blazewicz umblazew at cc.UManitoba.CA
Tue Dec 14 14:08:43 EST 1999

Spam Trap wrote:

> Does there exist a FAQ for core selection?
>
> Just curious because of the new '2.8003.448' client, which includes the new
> MMX core.  I've gotten speed increases on P2 and Celeron platforms but no
> speedup on P200MMX machines.  Should I expect to see any?  Should I even
> bother updating my clients that are non-P2/Celeron's?

Hello,

  On the P200MMX here we doubled our keyrate with the new client.  mMMmmMMmm.
I have no plan to update the Pentium 100MHz, however.  Are there any non-MMX
optimizations in the new client?

Thanks,
Dennis
--
'68 Nova SS - 327 - Torque, it's not just for breakfast anymore
'92 Beretta GT - 3.1L - 3T40 - 15x7 Crosslace - 225/50R15 - K&N

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net