[RC5] Moore's Law is irrelevant to d.net.

Daniel C. Petrak dpetrak at fct.com
Wed Dec 15 09:19:21 EST 1999

We would also have to take into consideration the value of experience.

If d.net had not started until 2 months ago, do we really expect that the
clients would be optimized to the degree that they are now?  One may argue
that the development team could have worked this entire time as well, but it
is unrealistic to assume that user feedback would not have helped
considerably.

There is never a good reason to wait for faster hardware when knowledge can
be gained from starting now.

Regards,
Daniel C. Petrak
Senior System Administrator