[RC5] e-mail notification of obsolete clients

Spinks, James jspinks at banyan.com
Thu Dec 16 22:08:42 EST 1999

Maybe instead of sending an e-mail notification, why not add _another_ set
of facts to the stats pages something along the lines of:

	31 blocks were completed yesterday (0.00001155% of the keyspace)
	at a sustained rate of 96 KKeys/sec! Ranked 16,222 for the day.
	This is about 9% of the rate of this participant's best day ever,
which was
	13-Dec-1999 when 357 blocks were completed at a rate of 1,109
KKeys/sec

	2.8003.448	15 blocks (v%)
	2.8003.447	 7 blocks (w%)
	2.8003.446	 5 blocks (x%)
	2.7112.444	 2 blocks (y%)
	2.7105.432	 2 blocks (z%)

This way everyone gets to see how lazy you are at keeping your clients up to
date... :)  [I'm so lazy I couldn't be bothered to work out the
percentages...]

JS

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net