[RC5] e-mail notification of obsolete clients

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Sun Dec 19 02:46:19 EST 1999

We've actually talked about doing this. It would be something neat to
offer, but there's one major problem: each participant would have a
minimum of one (more likely, several) records for each day (one record
for each cpu/os/version combo). Simply put, this table would be *HUGE*.
The rc5-64 master table is currently pushing 21M rows; this table would
probably be 4x that size or more. The master table takes up
approximately 3G, so this new table would take a good 12G or more. So,
unfortunatly, I rather doubt that we'll be seeing such a feature any
time soon.

Then again, I guess we could just track the breakdown for the past day
or two, which would be far more managable.