[RC5] Benchmarks, speedups and plain weird stuff

Kurt Billmann wizard at aasp.net
Mon Dec 20 04:28:02 EST 1999

Zypher:

If you are truly running a "750 MHz." with CSC blocks you should be
finishing a block in about 10 mins.

I am running a 600 MHz. Pentium III & found my best benchmark was running a
core #1 "6 bit bit slice.  I finish a block in about 12 minutes. with about
1.3-1.5 million keys a second.

When I let the client decide "-1" option it was very slow, it would take
about 1/2 hour to complete & I was lucky if I did 448,000 keys a second.

I am not running a full 2*32 packet as you are though, maybe that is the
difference?  I am doing a 2*28.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net