[RC5] Benchmarks, speedups and plain weird stuff (oops)

Zypher rc5 at planetfortress.com
Sun Dec 19 16:10:00 EST 1999

I need to proofread more...I was typing 4 different emails at the same time,
and lost track of which oens were ready.

Synopsis:

1) First 'undistibured' 2^32 block runs at 2233 kkeys/second.

2) By the 7th it runs at 2271, increasing about 5kkeys/second per
undisturbed block, but coming home and using the computer 'resets' this
increase back to ~2233. Nothing else is running, I've accounted for all
variables I can think of.

I wonder how much of a speedup I could get if I, say, left it going a full
24 hours to the 24th block? :) I know the cpu has limits, but does the
client somehow give itself more priority over time? I'd rather just set it
to 'absolute priority' when I leave for work and get the speedup from the
start.
rc5 at planetfortress.com
www.planetfortress.com/rc5

STILL waiting for dsl :/