[RC5] Benchmarks, speedups and plain weird stuff

Einstein X. Mystery einstein at scn.org
Tue Dec 21 01:39:47 EST 1999

> Its a very fresh (3 days old) install of Win98, and only Explorer,
> Systray and DnetC are running tasks. (ctrl alt del) And this is all while
> I'm away from home, not touching the puter.
I haven't a clue about your speedup. (Just say 'thank you' ;)
But I do know that (ctrl alt del) is a *lousy* way to monitor your CPU
usage. download the MS Kerneltoys (or mail me, I'll send you them) and
use wintop.

Wintop shows what's running, and how much each power each process takes.

The close program box only shows the visible applications. It doesn't
show all the hidden system processes. Like dnetc, virus scans, MS task
scheduler, and any of the other stuff.
**        Hey, C|Net! This is my .sig! Don't print this part!       **
"When two tigers fight, one dies, and the other is crippled."
 - Chinese proverb

No matter how nice things get, at least somebody out there knows
competition isn't about fitness or personal growth or moral victory,
but about kicking somebody's ass.
  - suck.com  Jan 19, 1999

"Boy, if I was a woman with absolutely no intelligence or taste
 whatsoever, I'd be first in line to date him."
 - Travis L. Eberle

Anti-spam link - don't follow
http://e-scrub.com/spammers-are-leeches/index.htm

Einstein X. Mystery   einstein at scn.org  *:->  ICQ UIN 17112996
If you have a question, ask.    928/968? 959! (You're wrong, Tom.)
Still the only enlisted man ever to be in the LSpr-c
Do you know where your towel is?

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net