[RC5] stats page idea

Sean Porterfield sporte at porterfield.net
Wed Dec 22 21:35:17 EST 1999

Barring the pure data part (disk space and restructuring) as Jim Nasby pointed
out, I don't think this would be good for security (as a few people have
posted).  Yes, I want to find out which of my computers is running an old
version.  NO, I do not want TomSmith and Joe Hacker to log on and see my
hostname, IP address, etc.

Protect it by password, fine.  Viewable by Joe Web User?  NO!!!!   If I don't
display my email address, why would I want to advertise the host running dnetc?