[RC5] Dual Processor

Matthew Toseland Matthew.Toseland at btinternet.com
Sun Jan 3 10:51:13 EST 1999

On Sat, 02 Jan 1999, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>does anybody know if there is a way to utilize a second Processor under
>Win98? I am running Unix and Win98 on this machine (most of the time
>Win98 though) and I would really like to use the second CPU TOO:::

Win98 would need kernel support to do "normal" apps, and that is not
forthcoming (unless you'd like to pay for a source license...:)).  But an app
could probably be written to run just RC5 on the second CPU.  It would be a lot
of work though, and I SERIOUSLY doubt if anyone has done it (errm, WinNT?
Linux? etc etc).  Please tell me if you find anything, though.

>Michael A. Kalus
>Unix System Administrator
And you use W98?  Such is software... :(

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net