[RC5] Dual Processor

michael Kalus micha at awwm.com
Sun Jan 3 16:19:14 EST 1999

On Sat, 02 Jan 1999, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>does anybody know if there is a way to utilize a second Processor under
>Win98? I am running Unix and Win98 on this machine (most of the time
>Win98 though) and I would really like to use the second CPU TOO:::

Win98 would need kernel support to do "normal" apps, and that is not
forthcoming (unless you'd like to pay for a source license...:)).  But
an app
could probably be written to run just RC5 on the second CPU.  It would
be a lot
of work though, and I SERIOUSLY doubt if anyone has done it (errm,
WinNT?
Linux? etc etc).  Please tell me if you find anything, though.

Will let you know.

>Michael A. Kalus
>Unix System Administrator
And you use W98?  Such is software... :(

2 Reasons:

1. I like Computer Games, and unfortunatly are most programmers using
Win98 (and directX) instead of Solaris or Linux :(
2. I am sitting in an evil company, the boss startet out with NT only
and loves it.... I am on my task right now to move him to Unix ;)