[RC5] Win32 Build 425a client - how to autostart minimized to system tray?

Stephen Berg sberg at pangaealink.com
Mon Jan 4 16:48:59 EST 1999

On Mon, 04 Jan 1999 18:15:11, Brian Morrison wrote:

>Anyone know. The build 417 GUI client would do this, but I can't see
>how to achieve it with the latest 425a client.

I unzipped the new client to the same directory as the older GUI
client.  Got it set up and ready to go.  Changed the name of the
older GUI client and then changed the name of the new CLI client to
the same as the original GUI client, follow me so far?  =:-)

The next time I logged into my NT machine it complained that
"-guistart" (or was it "-startgui") was not a valid parameter.  I ran
REGEDIT, found the entry in the registry for RC5 to autostart at log
in, took out that parameter and everything works just fine.

                            Stephen Berg
//-    USAF Instructor  -/-  Reluctant NT User -/- Web Designer    -//
//-                 Home = sberg at pangaealink.com                   -//
//-               Work = berg.stephen at keesler.af.mil               -//
//-  http://www3.pangaealink.com/~sberg/ -/- http://www.3c0x1.com  -//

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net