[RC5] Re: Win32 Build 425a client - how to autostart minimized to system tray?

Tom Ray tom.ray at tsbde.state.tx.us
Tue Jan 5 09:13:00 EST 1999

I beg to differ. I wondered why it was being shut done until I ran the prog
again from a dos prompt. It popped right back up to where it's current
status was. That then told me it was running. But, I noticed that when it
was up and running, then I dialed into my ISP, that on the Win98 system
tray the winblows DUN systray icon had a space between it and the little
"speaker" (volume) icon. so, the icon is apparently there, it's just
invisible. and when I shut down rc5 to confirm, that space disappeared.
running my mouse over the space did not cause it to disappear either, as
most of you know that some systray icons will stay there even after being
shut down. so that was definitely not the issue.
  on a side note, while I can understand the need for bandwidth, that still
doesn't make sense to me that the client should be slower. on a PII 450, I
get speeds of:

cli (new version 425) - 1.21 to 1.22 Mkeys/sec
gui (older version 417) - 1.28 Mkeys/sec

that's a 5% difference in speed. however, has the speed difference been
made up in the ability to crack an equivalent amount of keys at the slower
speed?

tom ray

>Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 16:36:25 -0500
>From: "VanWylen's" <vanwylen at freenet.macatawa.org>
>Subject: Re: [RC5] Win32 Build 425a client - how to autostart minimized to
system tray?

>Can't be done w/ cli
>
>Peter

Thanks,

Tom Ray
Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
 Webmaster, Postmaster, Network Administrator

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net