[RC5] request

Jo Hermans Jo.Hermans at vub.ac.be
Thu Jan 7 13:50:41 EST 1999

Hello,

I would like to request a new feature for the new clients. Would it be
possible to check for the presence of a flush.now file ? Similar to the
exitrc5.now file. We don't really have to check every few seconds for the
presence of that file, only when we're writing a finished block to the buffer.

This would make it a lot easier to force remote clients to flush their
buffers (you can't always send a signal, or flush thru the commandline)
Also useful when they share their input-files. And it would be easy to
write a script which create that file at a certain time (to force a general
flush for instance).

---
Jo Hermans, System Administrator DINF, VUB University, Brussels
Jo.Hermans at vub.ac.be                http://dinf.vub.ac.be/~jo/
Tel : +32-2-629.38.19               Fax : +32-2-629.35.25

Listmom (sic) of Blues-L  blues-l at brownvm.brown.edu or bit.listserv.blues-l
Maintains the Benelux Blues Scene   http://blues.vub.ac.be/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net