[RC5] Wheres the blocks?

Casey Schmit cschmit at entek.com
Fri Jan 8 09:47:02 EST 1999

Greetings,

>So I'm looking at the stats and I see 102% send, 16% checked.  With only
>16% turned in it is a bit early to start recycling; assuming that the
>other 84% has not been lost, but is out being processed.

     Well if they've already given out all the keys, they may as well
recycle in the hopes that someone can get them tested and sent back in.
Sure, this may result in multiple people working on the same key, but
there is no choice if we want to guarentee that we solve DES-TEST.

>An easy way to do this I am not sure.  But perhaps n blocks could be
>sent to everyone, and then when you turn one in, you get one more? Or no
>more until the buffer is processed.

	I think this will defeat the purpose of buffering.  It would result
in a lot of net traffic that either clients or key proxies can't spare.
I'm all for using all available bandwidth, but I know most people don't
agree with the philosophy... :)

Later,

Casey Schmit - Team Wonder Monkeys

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net