[RC5] new feature?

Paul Christenson n3eop at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 8 12:14:48 EST 1999

Since others are batting about new features they'd like to see, I have
one that I could really use.

I'd like to be able to take two buff-in.[des|rc5] files and make one big
one.

I have a few P2s that are chomping DES keys at a combined rate of over
12 Mkeys/s.  Since http proxying no longer works here, I have to
manually update the buff-in files myself with files brought from home.
(BTW, the fetch at distributed.net doesn't work, either.)

The problem is that I'm about to leave for the weekend, and there are 30
blocks (about 90 minutes' worth) left in the buffer.

Today, I'll just let them run out, since the clients will simply switch
over to the RC5 buffer.  However, when there is no DES contest, the
choice would be to let the machines chew on random blocks, or throw away
the remaining blocks and load in the new buffer.