[RC5] Dual Processor

Paul repton at repton.org
Fri Jan 8 20:40:36 EST 1999

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 root at brain.acmelabs.com wrote:

> Well, i dont know what all the talk is about but I have a v2.7100.417
> client running on a win95 box that just happened to have a second
> processor. The client runs two cracks, one on each processor.

no it doesn't. its only running on one processor. it may be running two
seperate threads on that one processor, but the rc5 client has no ability
to use a second processor unless the operating system supports it.

it is possible that this support could be added, but it would be quite a
sizeable task. i can't see this happening.

--
Paul Everett                                 Microsoft is not the answer.
repton at repton dot org                       Microsoft is the question.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net