[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #251

Pagemaker pagemaker at ez-page.com
Fri Jan 8 16:19:34 EST 1999

Wasn't there a bit of code that dealt out a certain amount of work based on
client speed?  It would deal out(for example) 24 hours worth of work,
whatever machine it was ran on.

That would help immensely.  Also, is there a certain order in which blocks
are cracked?

Is there a way to check which of those blocks are at the beginning of a
buffer and which are at the end...? It would be smart, when recycling keys,
to start at the END of all the buffers you handed out and hand out the last
block of each, then the second to last block, etc.

I think those two suggestions would help INCREDIBLY as far as speeding up
DES.

Also, do the new clients switch over to DES at a certain time, even if they
AREN'T on the Internet?

~~DJ Love Toad

(www.RobotBattle.com -  Use your programming talents to design robots to
destroy each other.  WHOLESOME FUN!