[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #253

Brice D. Fleckenstein ciga at surf-ici.com
Sun Jan 10 11:20:54 EST 1999

> Our bitslicer can check more than 1,000,000 keys per second on most
> recent processors.

 More precisely, *ANY* Intel MMX CPU will do well over 1,200,000
keys/sec on DES with the current MMX code - the *slowest* of those CPUs
is the Pentium-166MMX, and my machine with that CPU pulls almost exactly
1,300,000 under Win95 (would be faster under almost any other supported
OS, but that's my game machine and the only one that NEEDS MMX for
anything else).

 It's too bad the MMX code runs so much SLOWER than non-MMX code on
every other MMX-compatable CPU to date.

--

 Reply-to has been de-spammed. Real email address below.

 Brice D. Fleckenstein
 EMail: bricef at indy dot net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net