[RC5] who?

Darxus darxus at Op.Net
Mon Jan 11 19:05:30 EST 1999

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Jonathan Beam wrote:

> who is the EFF or whoever you all are talking about that has
> dedicated hardware trying to crack des?  I was just wondering

Sad that this question needed to be asked, and that nobody apparently
answred it yet.

The simplest answer is http://www.eff.org -- the Electronic Frotier
Foundation.  Good guys.

People here have been talking about the EFF as if they were our enemies.
They are, in fact, our friends.  Doing the same things for mostly the same
reasons.

I believe $8,000 of the $10,000 won in rc5-56 by distributed.net was
donated to the EFF ?
            darxus at op.net / http://www.op.net/~darxus
                        You do not exist.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net