[RC5] Win3.1 clients and scheduled fetches

Stephen Garrison slg9y at unix.mail.virginia.edu
Mon Jan 11 21:51:51 EST 1999

Assuming the time isn't changed/corrected between the
scheduleupdate notification and the actual contest/test, why not
do the number of hours until the contest/test starts rounding
up. A) this keeps you from having to worry about timezones etc.
B) it could provide some randomness to the client logins (if we
only deal with the hours) (then again we already get that with
the randomness with which people set their clocks). C) all the
clients connect within a hour of the start of the contest (for
those that don't have the time set or lost by some error).

According to William E. Powers: