[RC5] blocks submitted under different email address

William E. Powers wepprop at orbitworld.net
Wed Jan 13 17:54:06 EST 1999

> I just realized that when I upgraded to the new client, that I failed to notice
> that the email return address was set for rc5 at distributed.net and not my true
> email address. So I have to assume that all the blocks I have submitted in the
> last week or so won't be credited to me. Am I correct in this?
>
> Is there any way to get those block credits back in my name? At this point, I
> gotta tell you that I'm getting a little frustrated. I haven't been able to see
> any RC5 stats since before Christmas, and I can't even locate where the DES
> stats are, if there are any. Some folks here have alluded to DES stats, but as
> far as I can tell, they don't really exist. Or do they?

Been there, done that.  How could they possibly figure out *which*
blocks credited to rc5 at distributed.net were "your" blocks?  They
must get a considerable number every day.  I know I sure gave
them a really large number before I figured out where my "missing"
blocks were going.

Bill Powers
wepprop at bigfoot.com

"I figure God put me here and He can take me back anytime He pleases."
- Danny Dutton, age 8.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net