[RC5] [Fwd: NIST Credits Deep Crack]

Stephen Berg sberg at pangaealink.com
Sat Jan 16 17:50:40 EST 1999

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:47:20 -0800, Bryan M. Smith wrote:

>Hey look! Just what all of our work has been for.
>

>----------- Begin Forwarded Message ----------------
>Subject:
>        NIST Credits Deep Crack
>NIST credits Deep Crack as the reason for proposing
>using 3DES in lieu of DES in its new FIPS 46-3 (previously
>posted <http://jya.com/nist011599.txt>:

Somebody from D.net should email the author of that article and tell
him, "hey, you think that was impressive, join the effort on Monday
when D.net and DeepCrack both hammer another DES contest into the
dirt.

                            Stephen Berg
//-    USAF Instructor  -/-  Reluctant NT User -/- Web Designer    -//
//-                 Home = sberg at pangaealink.com                   -//
//-               Work = berg.stephen at keesler.af.mil               -//
//-  http://www3.pangaealink.com/~sberg/ -/- http://www.3c0x1.com  -//

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net