[RC5] Found the key? Immediate flush!

Hoffbrinkle hoffer+ at pitt.edu
Sat Jan 16 18:36:17 EST 1999

>>>WHY is it fine? There should be an indication to the user that the
>>>key has been found.
>>
>> Then an unscrupulous user could bypass d.net and claim he found the key
all
>> on his own.  $10,000 all for himself, thank you very much.  Don't think
so!

>I did not think of that aspect. I'll have to think about it more. I

    Also, if you're a sys admin running the clients on users PCs.  Say I'm
not in the office and the secretary's PC starts playing Yankee Doodle Dandy
while the screen flashes pastel colored fractals in time with the music to
celebrate finding a block.  I wouldn't want to have just one more thing to
try to explain to the user.  Just my .025 cents.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net