[RC5] MMX cores

Remi Guyomarch rguyom at mail.dotcom.fr
Sun Jan 17 01:10:56 EST 1999

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 07:34:32PM -0600, Patrick Murphy wrote:
> Since the DES MMX cores were rewritten to assembly for a speed
> increased, does that mean that they're rewriting the RC5 MMX cores to
> assembly as well?

The previous MMX bitslicer (the one which was used during the DES-II
contest) was a mixture of C and assembly. Bruce Ford modified it and
rewrote it in assembly language.

The RC5 MMX core is already entierely in assembly language. This
doesn't mean it's optimal for all processors, I think it was
specifically targeted for Pentium processors. Later we will try to
optimize it for K6-2 processors and perhaps others as well.

--
Rémi          Don't waste your computer's time. Distribute it!
      http://www.distributed.net/     http://www.distributed.net/cores/