[RC5] Proxy Question: or Is there three DeepCracks?

dbaker at cuckoo.com dbaker at cuckoo.com
Mon Jan 18 23:44:49 EST 1999

On 18-Jan-1999, Higgins, Bill wrote:
> I've been watching the DES proxy page and have noticed entries for
> proxies called
>
> 	Deepcrack at EFF
> 	Deepcrack at RSA #1
> 	Deepcrack at RSA #2
> 	DEScracker
>
> Does this mean that RSA has brought a couple of Deepcracks on-line? and

 No, a proxyinfo entry for Deep Crack is simply an IP that is allowed
 to talk to the keymaster.  Those are the two locations that I allow
 it to connect from.  It has two possible IPs at RSA, thus the two
 entries.

 Don't expect any deep crack statistics on proxyinfo, those are simply
 there for authorization purposes.

> what is DEScracker?

 A test of the deep crack/distributed.net code that runs on a computer
 of mine at home.

Daniel

--
dbaker at cuckoo.com - CuckooNet Consultant - www.cuckoo.com