[RC5] Re: DES Lockup on AMD K6-2

Joey Sum jpsum1 at pop.uky.edu
Mon Jan 18 19:13:42 EST 1999

Addendum to my prior post about the new DES clients locking up my system.

I downloaded the old v2.7102.421 Win32 CLI client and tried it.  It has
been working fine for the past 4 blocks.  CPU autodetection of my AMD
K6-2 300 has selected "PentiumPro optimized ByrdDES core".

The big downside of using this old client is that I am only getting
1.04 Mkeys/s instead of the ~3.4 Mkeys/s that the new MMX bitslice
core got.

To Bruce and Remi, the coding gurus of d.net, please look into this
problem and if you need more info about my system, please let me know
and I will provide it.  Once again, it is an AMD K6-2 300 Mhz on Win98.

Thanks,
Joey

PS: I wish I had participated in DES TEST now!

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net