[RC5] OGR anyone?

Charles Franks Charlz at lvcablemodem.com
Wed Jan 20 17:53:19 EST 1999

Well,

I would say there are alot of reasons for people to participate in D.net
efforts, maybe one of the largest is to be a part of something 'so cool'
or what have you.

Certainly what helps attract new people is getting mentioned in the
press, word of mouth etc. I don't really have an affinity for any
particular project be it OGR, Primes, SETI or whatever may come down the
pipe. But what I would like to see is D.net attack some projects that
can be accomplished in a 'short' period of time and get people/press
talking about D.net. If we can nail the next prime number or OGR and get
some press then we should. SETI I kind of put in the same bracket as the
current RC5 project... it will take years if ever   :P Not exactly
attention grabbing!

Of course the coolest damn thing we could do would be to render a 3D
movie like 'Antz' or 'A Bugs Life' distributedly (is that a word?)  and
have D.net plastered all over theater screens around the world  :P

So basically I sat lets find some attainable goals and attain them  :)

Charles Franks