[RC5] OGR anyone?

Ed Wensell III aka THE StormRaiser ewensell at pstcc.cc.tn.us
Thu Jan 21 13:11:38 EST 1999

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:53:19 -0800 Charles Franks
<Charlz at lvcablemodem.com> wrote:

> Of course the coolest damn thing we could do would be to render a 3D
> movie like 'Antz' or 'A Bugs Life' distributedly (is that a word?)  and
> have D.net plastered all over theater screens around the world  :P

Long ago, I had suggested that d.net offer it's services to companies that
have massive databases that need converting to Y2K (sure, there are
software fixes, but the data fields still need updating). Could be a money
maker.

However, d.net is a "low bandwidth" project. Data chunks, movie frames,
etc would require extra bandwidth. Or at least that's my understanding...
Maybe some of the old distributed processing projects (the ones that
competed in the first DES contest, but are long since dead) could be
revived with something like that...

Personally, I think the mailing list takes up more bandwidth than a 1 meg
chunk of database info would take... :)

Until Soon...
Ed Wensell III
Systems and Operations Support, Pellissippi State
http://www.pstcc.cc.tn.us/departments/sos/

Having trouble reading a web page written in a foreign language?
Try http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net