[RC5] new member question

PimpDaddy id at sonic.net
Thu Jan 21 09:46:47 EST 1999

Well, you could examin the packets with a packet sniffer, or if you are on
*nix you could set up another user that just has access to the rc5 program.
I wouldn't worry about it though, the amount of data transfered is very
small, i doubt they could be pulling personal info off of your computer
unless they did it very very slowly.  Besides you shouldn't have personal
info on your computer that isn't encrypted!   And thousands of hackers (not
crackers!) have been playing with this program for quite some time someone
would have noticed it by now.

As for your second question, the blocks are being randomly generated after
your buffers run out, if you have X many blocks  in your out buffer between
times you upload you should change your buffer settings to > X.

James.