[RC5] SMS

Ian Cumbers legal at cix.co.uk
Thu Jan 21 23:37:00 EST 1999

Hi,

Look in the installation directory.  You'll find a file called
'install.log'.  This file details the exact steps that you'll need your
SMS package to replicate.  Basically, not much!

I assuming that you won't be putting in the Un-install info into
the registry (you'll just use another SMS package to remove the code if
necessary), nor will you be putting in the Short-cuts.

You *will* need to copy the core files, add the 'Install Paths' key and
create an rc5desg.ini file with the appropriate settings. Finally get the
application to run automatically at startup (suggest using the 'Run' key,
not the startup group).

I've been looking on the Win95/98 installation.  The NT install will be
slightly more complex if you install as a service (which would be
preferable!) but the concept is the same.

Regards

Ian
legal at cix.co.uk:
moving /down/ the Stats listing quicker than **insert funny comment here**

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net