[RC5] OGR anyone?

Sean Matheis sean at slip.net
Thu Jan 21 16:04:31 EST 1999

On 21 Jan 99, at 13:11, Ryo-ohki observed Ed Wensell III aka THE StormR saying:

> On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 17:53:19 -0800 Charles Franks
> <Charlz at lvcablemodem.com> wrote:
>
> > Of course the coolest damn thing we could do would be to render a 3D
> > movie like 'Antz' or 'A Bugs Life' distributedly (is that a word?)  and
> > have D.net plastered all over theater screens around the world  :P

Many companies involved in the movie & rendering business do this internally.
When I was with LucasArts, we'd often see requests from the Art Dept. asking
for permission to use people's computers when they went home as a rendering
farm.  I think there's a large proprietary issue when it comes to things like
films though... and coordination & timing of data.  Most places need their
data processed yesterday.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net