[RC5] OGR anyone?

Michael L. Dawson mdawson at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 21 12:16:15 EST 1999

That "would" be cool. In fact, it was that very idea that got me turned on to
d.net in the first place. I do work for several animation companies who have
massive render farms, but not nearly as massive as what is available to
d.net. But, just to give you an idea of what you would be up against,
consider this, a 35mm film frame has an apparent computer resolution of
4096x2731 pixels at 24 bit depth. This is a lot of pixels and a lot of bits
at that depth. If I did my math right, that works out to about
268megabits/frame. That's just one frame! There are 24 frames in one second
and so on. From this you can see that an enormous amount of data is is used
for even the smallest computer animated work. D.net doesn't appear to be able
to handle that kind of load in terms of data movement and storage.

But yes, it would be very cool........

mdawson