[RC5] and now for something completely different

Bryan M. Smith bmsmith at teleport.com
Fri Jan 22 14:13:55 EST 1999

I haven't tried it. But, it would be easy to set up processor farms! no
maintenance of hard drives, multiple configurations on multiple
computers or megs of RAM, a couple of old ram chips to equal 8 megs is
so cheap that some places will give them away for free.  Also,
everything would be centralized.  And...  It's not bloatware!

Tom Ray wrote:

> Here's a little something I came across on another list I belong to. I'm not sure how this could be used in conjunction w/D.Net but I'm sure somebody will figure something out.
>
> tom
>
> QNX IAT Demo v3.0 [1.4M] W9x/NT FREE
>
> http://www.qnx.com/iat/network/qnxdemo.zip
> http://www.qnx.com/iat/index.html
>
> I'm leery about playing with different OSes on the same computer, but when I heard about this ultra-small download, I had to try it. To put it bluntly, I was simply amazed. You have to try this, gang! It's an Internet operating system that fits on a 3.5" floppy disk. No joke! After installation, just boot to the IAT floppy. Be sure you know one of your DNS servers (run WINIPCFG if you don't know) and your dial-up information. The minimum requirements: a 386, 3.5" floppy drive, VGA monitor, 8 MB RAM, a modem, an ISP, and a mouse. No Hard disk required! You can surf the web from a floppy! Network version also available.

Bryan M. Smith
bmsmith at teleport.com
bms047786 at email.com
http://members.tripod.com/~bmsmith/index.html
ICQ# 24750265
PGP key available upon request

|For a good prime, call: 391581 * 2^216193 -1               |
|The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash,  |
|it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.    |

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net