[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #260

Joseph Armstrong jarmstro at powerup.com.au
Sat Jan 23 08:58:36 EST 1999

>> > http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,386735,00.html
>>
>> Yes, I noticed this article as well yesterday and was most concerned
>> over the factual innaccuracies therein.  The article, as written, is
>> very misleading and contains numerous factual errors.
>
> Lots of luck getting it corrected.
>
> Ziff-Davis publications have a LONG history of factual inaccuracies - I
>don't think it's deliberate, but more just a tendancy to be sloppy about
>research on the part of their authors, and a tendancy for their editors
>to not CARE about that sort of problem.

It isn't just ZDNet - just about any popular (read "late breaking or
recent") news or journalism tends to reflect the understanding, bias or
interpretation of the journalists doing the piece.

On *every* piece of media on which I or which I have been present for
interview has misinterpreted what was expressed. I think it's more a desire
to please or impress or the journos interpretation rather than to mislead.

Today's motto:  No problem is so big that it can't be run away from.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net