[RC5] OGR anyone?

Charles Franks Charlz at lvcablemodem.com
Fri Jan 22 12:26:09 EST 1999

Well... seems I got a bit of a sub-thread going

As far as rendering a 3d movie with D.net .... I said it would be the
coolest damn thing we could do... not the easiest  :>

And certainly not for every machine that participates in D.net

I noticed though that a lot of people started throwing out names like
Pixar and ILM.... yes they would have a problem with how the movie would
be dispersed and rendered.. but then again they don't need to use
something like D.net cause they have plenty of resources and $$.

But what about a smaller company that doesn't have those resources? And
it wouldn't even have to be feature length.. a 'short' that showed at
like Cannes (sp?) or where ever would be just as cool! ( and doing this
without getting paid would take care of some/most of the legal
implications that Jim lists below)

Of course no one even commented on the main point of my original post
which was that D.net should be going after attainable goals to keep the
name out there. I originally started donating time to the GIMPS effort
based on I believe it was a segment on C|Net television show/channel
..... then I switched over to D.net after seeing a news article that was
released after the DES-II (?) contest that they won. I liked the 'set it
and forget it' aspect of the client. So lets get those headlines and
make D.net a household name!!  :)

Charles Franks