[RC5] stats question - always offline...?

Dave rewd at home.com
Mon Jan 25 16:04:03 EST 1999

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Jonathan Ah Kit wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I've recently started with the distributed.net client (FYI, the latest
> Win32), and have been wondering how come the stats *seem* offline almost all
> the time? After all the time I've been using the client, I must be in the
> stats database, and the only time my stats did come up was when I did a
> search on them during the DES contest last week.
>
> Any ideas? Has the stats server gone ga-ga, or are we now on D.I.Y. stats?
> ;)

 I think the stats box is overloaded or underpowered, or both. :)

 I was hoping someone would come up wth away for teams to get there team
stats sent to them, then the team members could connect to to there local
team web page and get there stats. As it is right now, I have to try and
connect several times a day just to get team member stats.

 I'm using Robo's (ftp.idata.sk/pub/rc5) Stats right now, if there where
something else that just needed to connect once a day (or automatically
updated through email or some such), that would at least save me banging
on the stats server serveral times day. Also, the 30 or so members of our
team wouldn't need to access the stats box as often.

 Might be easier to just buy a bigger stats machine. :)

--
This sig intentionally left blank.

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net