[RC5] film rendering

Jay Berg jberg at phc.net
Mon Jan 25 12:46:07 EST 1999

There's another minor reason why D.net won't be getting involved in
financially based projects. You'd have no idea how much firestorm would be
generated if companies started learning that their spare CPU cycles were
being "given" to support another companies product development.

One of the biggest reasons that my company is allowing me to run the D.net
clients, is that it is not profiting any profit oriented company. If D.net
wasn't a registered non-profit organization, you'd lose a very large
percentage of the current D.net client hosts!