[RC5] film rendering

David Cantrell david at wirestation.co.uk
Fri Jan 29 11:08:58 EST 1999

> 	But who says D.net would be doing anything for them?  I'm thinking more
> along the lines of helping small indy film makers add a few 'effects
> shots' that would be far out of their own, or contractors price range
> due to the time to render/# of frames.

That's the sort of project I have in mind (being involved in indie film
making myself ;-)

And indeed, I've just started cobbling together a small herd of
486/Linuxen for testing purposes.  If you want me to keep you posted on
progress, send me private email.

> 	That would be the better use of D.net if we have a 'render ranch' core
> in the future.

We still have the bandwidth problem.

--
David Cantrell - http://www.ThePentagon.com/NukeEmUp/

It would be reasonable to judge cannabis less of a threat to health than
alcohol or tobacco ... this should be borne in mind by social legislators
who, disapproving of other people's indulgences, seek to make them illegal.
  -- The Lancet, Volume 352, Number 9140, 14 November 1998

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net