[RC5] Win95/98 users take note:

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Fri Jan 29 13:21:05 EST 1999

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Somebody Else wrote:
> Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that
> increasing the priority of the client relative to other applications
> won't increase the number of total keys processed.

You would be right if Microsoft had put decent task scheduling and
switching in 95, but apparantly they don't hire people who have taken the
operating systems class at computer science school.  The other issue is
(and this applies to non-Microsoft uses as well) that if the client is
co-existing with an app that has some wasteful delay loops, the RC5 client
will suffer without any value gained by the end user.

Which reminds me - did the 'run if idle' patches make it into the 2.2
linux kernel?

</chris>
--
Morons like you.      -Todd Graham Lewis (tlewis at mindspring.com)