[RC5] PowerSHOOT plus.

Chris Eaton tridus at inforamp.net
Fri Jan 29 14:11:20 EST 1999

At 10:54 PM 28/01/99 , you wrote:

>Has anyone encountered a problem with PowerChute plus v.5.0.1? When I
>use it the stupid little ICON on the system tray takes all the spare
>CPU cycles and the cow gets left suckinghind tit.
>
>This is really ironic since I got the damn UPS to allow me to leave
>my system up 24-7 to process more blocks.
>
>HELP!

Oh yeah.. I remember this problem.. the Icon in the SysTray doesn't actually
control the UPS or Windows in any way, it just displays the Icons... If you
remove the key from the registry that runs IconClnt.exe,  but leave the one
that runs Ups.exe, you will have no icon, the UPS will still work properly, and
Rc5 will happily crack away.
--
"The game leaves out one much-needed feature: the ability to have
Blizzard contact your friends and relatives every few days and let

    -3d Gaming Net, referring to Starcraft: Brood War

Chris
http://home.inforamp.net/~tridus

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net