[RC5] service in linux?

Greg Williams greg at cnation.com
Tue Jul 13 13:06:07 EDT 1999

>File: /etc/rc.d/init.d/rc5des
>------------------ cut here --------------------
>#! /bin/sh
>#
># rc5des        Start Distributed.net RC5 client. This script
>#               starts and stops the client at boot time / shutdown.
>#
># Author:       Ian Clelland, <iclelland at centralindustrial.com>
>#               Based on rc.d scripts by various folks at Red Hat
>#
># processname: rc5des
># config: /usr/local/bin/rc5des/rc5des.ini

this may have changed in redhat 6 (although I doubt it), but in
redhat 5.x, putting in two extra lines in comments allows the
chkconfig program to manage the symlinks for you. the rc5des script I
use (posted by someone on this list some time ago) has the following
two lines:

# chkconfig: 345 95 95

after adding those lines, chkconfig may be used to manage this
'service,' such as:

chkconfig --add rc5des

for more information, see the chkconfig(8) manpage.

--greg
__END__

                             \\\_///
                              (= O)
|   Greg Williams              | "Wow, no intel, no Mirosoft, |
|     CyberNation LLC          | sounds like a compuer that   |
|       greg at cnation.com       | might...dare I say it...     |
|         W: (310) 689-3183    | Work!!!                 -LHB |

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net